Youth Environmental Center – social project of SUE “Vodokanal of St. Petersburg”
In 2002, the Youth Environmental Center (YEC) of Vodokanal of St. Petersburg started actively working with the city educational institutions covering different age groups of children and young people.
Today, YEC is an important city center of environmental education in St. Petersburg according to noncommercial organizations, educational institutes and city committees.
Up-to-date environmental content, various forms of work, active teaching methods, used in the center, provided an opportunity to involve more than 300 city educational institutions, a variety of Russian and international organizations into implementation of YEC projects and programs.
YEC Main Objectives
- Improvement of consumption culture.
- Development of responsible attitude to natural resources.
- Generation of social activity among young people.
- Promotion of effective environmental education and education for sustainable development.
- Development of interactive teaching methods, methodological assistance to teachers.
YEC Basic Principles
- Promotion of sustainable development ideas;
- Comprehensive partnership;
- Information technologies;
- Active training.
- Educational institutes of St. Petersburg
- Educational Committee of St. Petersburg Government
- Natural Resources Management and Environmental Safety Committee of St. Petersburg Government
- State Academy of Post-Graduate Pedagogical Training (SPbAPPO)
- Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia
- Administration of Lahti (Finland)
- International Advanced Water Technologies Centre
- “Finland – Russia” Society
- Hamburg Senate Office
- British Consulate General in St. Petersburg
- Amateur Filmmakers Union
State educational institution of children’s additional education, Creative Forum “Kitezh Plus” of Primorsky District of St. Petersburg